Happy Half Birthday

Megan woke up on her half birthday this year singing "happy half birthday to me"! Yes, it is a thing. :)



Happy Half Birthday!
Date: 02/11/2008

You know life has changed when big announcements revolve around your children's pooping and sleeping habits. Ha ha.

From rice, to barley, to oatmeal - our poops have definitely changed! Ryan dumbfounded Rick with an incredible release - after Rick had moved the diaper! I had to dump the pad in the toilet because there was that much in the pile. I was thoroughly entertained by Rick's reaction to the new texture and to Ryan's ability to keep it coming.

At the last checkup our doctor had told us not to wean them from night feedings. However, this time she was concerned that they have been eating too much. So this past week we have been "Ferberizing" our kids. It's going well, and last night Megan went from 10 until 6:40 without eating. Unfortunately, we aren't yet getting more sleep because both babies are still waking and crying. Luckily, they go right back to sleep without our intervention. We are hoping that within the week they will be sleeping through the night (the book says they should be...ha ha again).

Work is continuing to tire me. My Wednesdays are 13 hour days, and that doesn't count taking care of Megan and Ryan. I've been able to arrange my schedule to go into the city only two days most weeks, and I work from home the rest of the time. Rick is back to working long hours three days a week to make up for shorter days on Wednesdays (my late night) and Fridays. We enjoy our family time on the weekends.

Megan and Ryan are smiles most of the time, and we hit the half year mark with smiles for the whole family! Happy half-birthday Meggers and Ry. (I figured I should get to eat three pieces of cake - one for each of us.)


Comments

Popular Posts