Reaping the Benefits of Twinlife



Somewhere in the back of my mind, where the fuzzy memories of early twinlife lie, I remembered this park. It sits on a hill inside a state park in our neighboring town. The last time I visited was when my kids were 3. We didn't stay long because my tired body could only chase the two of them, keeping them safe from themselves, for very limited periods of time. Plus, all the moms that day knew each other. I was an "out of towner" and as I chased my kids in two directions, I had no one to turn to for help.

But today we are back at the park, which is surprisingly deserted on this gorgeous afternoon. My kids jumped from the car, ran to the playground, calling, "Mama, there is a bench for you to sit!" They clearly didn't need, or want, me in their play area. As I write, they have created their own world, complete with medical bays and appropriate defensive battle stations. They are challenging themselves on the monkey bars and creating games on the tightrope. 

They are alone together in this park, and I can watch the beauty of it from my seat.

We are about to head back to school, and we will be running one of them to something every night of the week. Our Saturdays will run a full day. But for this moment, sitting in the breeze, I am reaping the benefits of twinlife, watching two best friends play like the kids they are.


Comments

  1. Glad you could enjoy a day like that with your children. Sounds like they have great imaginations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts