KT's Summer Reading Challenge

I grew up in the country, surrounded by hamlets that formed my school's community.  One of these small towns boasted a post office, a community space, a sub shop, and a small public library.  It was at the McEwensville library that I learned summer was a time to explore the world of books.  In summer I could read anything I wanted, but as a young child, I really didn't know what I wanted to read.  The library in that small town helped me explore, offering fantastic summer reading challenges that I remember fondly to this day.

I want my own children to explore books with abandon, to be motivated to try new kinds of books and to feel proud of what they read.  I want them to spend the summer reading every chance they get.  I want to read with them and let them inspire me.

So together we created a summer reading challenge.





I plan to read alongside them, and we hope that others will join us in this summer fun (sign up here to let us know you accepted the challenge).


Comments

Popular Posts