Made to Be a TwinMom

I met another mom at kickboxing this past week.  She has a toddler, and she also has a full-time job.  When I told her that I had twins, she said, "I used to think I really wanted twins.  And then I had my daughter, and now I don't think I could have handled it!"

The wish for twins is something I have heard somewhat frequently for the last decade (see this post from 2010 for an example).  I get it.  I wished for twins too.  And as I told my new friend, I think I was made to be a twinmom.



But... I don't really remember the first three years.  They are a blur, and I'm thankful for my writing to help me see what life was like back then.  I chased the joy of a full night's sleep until they were 18 months old.  I'm also thankful to be able to see that they were then in many ways who they have become.  Megan still struggles with sleep, and Ryan is still a great eater.  They are both HUGE Mets fans - and problem solvers.



Sleeping through the night

Date: 02/21/2008

Ryan did it. He slept 12 hours last night. Hooray! One down and one to go...

The sleep training has been easier than we thought it would be. Crying has been limited, and even with a setback of Megan being sick, we are down to few feedings at night. Once Megan stops waking up, I will be able to get some much needed sleep!

Today I was able to find the time to take pictures of both of them in their baptism outfits, which fit much more snugly now than they did in December. The babies are happy, also a change from those December pictures, and now we have nice pictures to document those adorable outfits. Of course, we also had to document them during their diaper days. Those pics will be priceless when they are teenagers!


We have graduated from bananas to applesauce, and Megan especially likes the new taste. She is getting better about eating every day. Ryan continues to chow down. His big achievement this week was learning to drink from his cup by himself. Of course, if you take notice of his head in the picture, he has done this by non-traditional means. At least we can be assured that he is a problem solver.

Our little Mets fans are gearing up for the spring season. And they are both sitting like champions now. Mobility, I know, is just around the corner.

Comments

Popular Posts