Baseball and Streakers


It seems only fitting that I wrote about our kiddos' first baseball game exactly 10 years ago.  Baseball dominates our lives right now.  Ryan loves to play, and all of us love the Mets, regardless of how hard it is to be a Mets fan!  We recently went to a game at our local minor league park, where we were surprised to see a former Met (Endy Chavez) playing for the team.  What a treat for our family!

As I participated in my first graduation at Drew this month, I told the story of "the streaker" at the first graduation I attended at Fordham. What fun to read it documented on the Babysite a decade ago!



It's May, my goodness!
Date: 05/18/2008

My goodness it’s been a month since I updated the site. The end of the semester has been very busy for me at work, and I feel like I never stop running. I’ve had to travel into the city three to four times a week for the past few weeks, but graduation was yesterday (a beautiful day in the Bronx, made humorous by the streaker who broke through security, ran across the front of the celebration, was tackled by the guards, and then dragged UP the stairs and across the platform, a path that enabled everyone who had missed him the first time able to see his naked backside). Now that the semester is over, I have a bit of downtime before classes begin for the summer session. I’m looking forward to a bit of a break.

Megan and Ryan continue to grow. At nine months old, they are becoming more mobile. Ryan figured out he actually can roll, and now he won’t stop. He especially likes to move around his crib at night. Rick calls him a monkey. Megan is very close to crawling. She is up on all fours and rocking. I told her she has all the muscles she needs; now she just needs the coordination. She continues to clap and wave. She applauds herself every time she manages to get a vegetable in her mouth, and she even waved at a complete stranger who waved across the room to her at our Mother’s Day brunch.

Mother’s Day was a lovely holiday this year, my first with my kiddos to hold in my arms. My mom visited, and Rick’s parents and brother joined us for brunch. We missed my dad, who was volunteering in New Orleans, and, of course, my brother Matt.

Today Rick and I took the babies to their first baseball game (out of utero). As is always the case when we are out and about, Megan and Ryan attracted a lot of attention. Our backpacks, with removable rain protectors, were also a hit. Ryan went down a slide for the first time, and both enjoyed learning about baseball from their Daddy.

We survived our first ear infection (Ryan) and our nine month shots. We are excited for the warmer weather, which allows us to get out of the house almost every day – whether it is for a walk in the stroller or to sit in the backyard. And we are looking forward to some trips to Pennsylvania and Vermont in the next month or so.

Life is very good.

Comments

Popular Posts