A look back at 7 months


Wow, Easter was early that year!  Daddy and G-pa still make their annual trek to Vegas for March Madness, and I still don't have any time to spare... so I'll just leave this memory here on its own.  

7 months old
Date: 03/13/2008
I have a few minutes to update the babysite because I am currently on spring break. However, I have two papers to prepare for presentation in less than two weeks, portfolios to read, lessons to plan, articles to write… actually, now that I think about it, I don’t really have a few minutes to spare. But procrastination hasn’t hurt me yet.

Megan and Ryan are doing very well. They both love the new tastes of solid foods. So far we have tried bananas, apples, pears, peaches, prunes, carrots, and sweet potatoes. They down them all! Mango, avocado, peas, and green beans are next on the list.

Now that they can sit easily, they have fun selecting toys from the floor. Nearly everything goes straight into their mouths, and drool is rampant. No teeth have popped through, but I’m expecting them any time. Megan and Ryan are particularly cute when they “swap” toys. Inevitably, what one has, the other wants – and takes. Right now this “sharing” doesn’t elicit tears. I’m waiting for that day to come soon too.

We are finishing up our second semester of music class, and we just started swimming lessons. Ryan took to the water like a champ, kicking and paddling as if he were born to swim. Megan also liked being in the pool and chasing the floating toys.

At 7 months we are continuing to work on physical development. The babies are mobile by rolling, but it’s still easy to contain them. You will notice in the picture that Megan is developing her standing balance, so I imagine the days of parking them in a pillow fortress and walking away are soon over.

We are looking forward to Easter, though we will miss Daddy and G-pa, who are making their annual trek to Vegas for March Madness. Maybe by then I will have my to-do list done, and I really will have a moment to breathe again – without procrastinating.

Happy Easter, everyone.


Comments

Popular Posts