Can you see their personalities when they are little?


The more I read my posts from ten years ago, the more I see that my kids are who they are.  Their personalities, at the core, haven't changed.  Megan is still the sweetest kid on earth, willingly helping her brother whenever possible yet standing up for herself when needed.  Ryan is still fascinated with family, and he will manipulate his sister if he thinks he can.

They are both affectionate, and I cannot believe they are in middle school.  Shouldn't they hate me by now?  Instead, we snuggled together on the couch today.  

Bampa is now Grumpa, still not the Granpa of the correct spelling.  But they can still be clingy, and I secretly love it.


Fall Fun
Date: 11/07/2008

I have been told that I need to update the height and weight charts.  Apparently, I forgot to add the one year stats.  Somewhere I do have those stats, but unfortunately, they aren't in my head.  We go for the 15 month check up next week, so I will be sure to add the heights and weights for the next update.  All I can tell you for sure is that my babies are becoming big kids.  Ironically, it's easier to hold two at a time now that they support themselves.

They are both adding words to their vocabularies and working to distinguish objects, people, and characters.  Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, Eyeore, Elmo, Big Bird, Grover, and Cookie Monster each have an identifiable name.  Interestingly, the only TV they watch is a small amount of Baby Einstein, so their knowledge of these characters comes from their toys and books.

Ryan loves to look at the picture ball we have made with pictures of his four grandparents and identify them.  He also looks for and carries around with him his favorite picture of his "Bampa" (my dad) and Dada.  I think he likes it because they are each holding a beer.  His other favorite picture is one of the Turner family taken in a Waffle House.  He picked up this shot today, dropped it, and broke it.  For some reason I don't think this will teach him the lesson I want it to.

Megan continues to be the sweetest baby on earth.  She willingly shares food and toys with her brother or anyone around.  She's starting to show her temper, however, when Ryan takes something she really wants.  He, on the other hand, often takes her toy and trades her another, inferior one.  Tricky kid.  Both share food they don't want with the other - Ryan ends up with all the carrots and Megan with all the chicken, for example.  Often they also trade drinks during a meal.  The grass is always greener, I guess.

Halloween was fun this year.  The babies and I went to a party with other one year old twins.  I was Darby, a new Disney character in the cartoon My Friends Tigger and Pooh.  Megan and Ryan were Tigger and Pooh!  Rick and I enjoyed taking them around on our block to show off their outfits.

Megan and Ryan are showing their affection to us and to each other, giving kisses and hugs both for comfort and for love.  It's getting a little harder for them when I leave for work or when they are cranky and I'm not around.  They are clingy.  But I secretly love it. 

Comments

Popular Posts