All things that are different are still the same


Reading this post from a decade, I realize how life really is a cycle.  

THEN we were baptizing our babies, surrounded by our family as the children in the church welcomed them into their fold, and 
NOW we, surrounded by our family, are preparing to be amazed by my kiddos' talents in our church's pageant, where they are leaders of younger children.

THEN we watched football as a family, cheering on both the Eagles and the Cowboys, and
NOW we watch football as a family, cheering on our fantasy players and talking smack in our family league.

THEN I struggled to get smiles in a family portrait, and
NOW I still get crank when it's time to pose, but I typically get smiles from everyone.

THEN I worked around the clock to feed and care for my babies, and 
NOW... well, I get more sleep, but my body is still bone tired.

All things that are different are still the same.

Lots to report
Date: 12/20/2007

I finally spent the money to upgrade to more storage space on this babysite. This means I will be able to store photos for a longer period of time, and I will also be able to upload a few videos to share. I'm working on the videos - they take some time to upload so please be patient with me.

I've posted some new pics. The biggest event was the babies' baptism. I was very worried beforehand because Megan was due for a big poop, and Ryan poops up the back and ruins at least one outfit a week! I just knew that one of them would ruin those precious, WHITE outfits. Luckily, my mother's intuition was off. Neither of them exploded - until well after the ceremony was over and their outfits were safely tucked away. They both fell asleep right before the service started, and not even the baptism itself woke them. Binks in tow, they were welcomed into the congregation in their dreams. The ceremony itself was very sweet. The pastor conducted it as part of the children's message, so all of the children in the congregation were sitting in the front of the church and participated in welcoming Megan and Ryan into their folds. We were fortunate to have family (my grandparents and aunt, my parents, Rick's parents, Rick's brother) and our good friend Phil join us for the ceremony.

The babies continue to share their new tricks. Ryan found his thumb, but he still hasn't gotten the hang of sucking it gracefully. He is very adept at grasping objects with both hands, and his neck and back are getting stronger every day. He doesn't mind tummy time as much now that he can hold his head up high. He has shown no interest in rolling yet, but he will grab at objects that we lay in front of him.

Megan still loves her TV. We let her lie on the floor alone for about half an hour during the Eagles/Cowboys game. I think she must be a Cowboys supporter because she was yelling at the TV like a disgruntled fan at the end of the game (the Cowboys lost for those of you who don't follow football). She has gotten the hang of rolling from her stomach to her back, and she gives a big smile every time she accomplishes it. She also likes to grab at objects that are on the floor in front of her while she is on her tummy, and she will reach with both hands at dangling toys.

I was able to take them to the studio for a formal portrait, though this outing was an adventure that spanned two visits and a total of nearly 6 hours. Our first trip to get pictures in their Halloween outfits began with Ryan throwing up all over me in the studio. About a week after we took the pictures, we got a phone call telling us the pictures were unable to be printed. Using my best angry mom voice (I'm still working on this), I was able to negotiate some freebies, so we decided to try again - this time in Christmas clothes. They both fell asleep on the ride there, and after walking around the store for a time to let them nap, Ryan decided not to cooperate. Then it was Megan's turn. Then it was Ryan's. Finally we were able to snap a few pictures of both of them individually and together. Daddy just LOVES the pictures of his "adorable kids."


Well, I'm sitting here listening to Ryan screaming through the monitor. Like clockwork each night he wakes up about an hour after we put him to bed, hungry and needing to eat. I think they are both in a growth spurt. I did 23 feedings the other day - exhausting to say the least. And now I am off for yet another one tonight...

Comments

Popular Posts